December recap.

2020 was a year! Reading wise, I set out to read 100 books and I read 151, averaging about 13 books a month. From 137 books read at the end of November, I wanted to hit 150 by the end of December and I did. I'd hoped to have those 13 books be only from my NetGalley reads, but six were from the library. And after I tried all year not to read anything from the library (with the stipulation that I could if my NetGalley queue was small)! Is it cheating? Can you cheat at reading? Well I'm not considering it cheating because it was an unofficial goal. No one is counting but me, so I say no. I did my best to get through my currently reading queue, but I wasn't able to - the books were too chonky. Guess that means I'll have a solid number for January. Anyway, here are the 14 books I finished the year with.

  1. The Trials of Koli (M.R. Carey)
  2. The Encyclopedia of New York (The Editors of New York Magazine)
  3. Ink & Sigil (Kevin Hearne)
  4. Flash Forward (Rose Eveleth)
  5. You'll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey (Amber Ruffin; Lacey Lamar)
  6. [Audiobook] The Key to Fear (Kristin Cast)
  7. Ink (Jonathan Maberry)
  8. Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 (Hajime Isayama)
  9. Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Hajime Isayama)
  10. Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 (Hajime Isayama)
  11. Attack on Titan, Vol. 4 (Hajime Isayama)
  12. Attack on Titan, Vol. 5 (Hajime Isayama)
  13. Attack on Titan, Vol. 6 (Hajime Isayama)
  14. The Last Resort (Susi Holliday)
You've always got to try and surpass yourself, right? And so I've set my 2021 reading challenge for 150 books read in the year. If I try to average an actual 13 books a month, my real goal is 156 books. If I follow the increase ratio, if then once I do hit 150 books, my surpass goal should be 225 (234) books. But I might just follow the 50 extra marker for 200, depending when I finish of course. Here's to 2021!

Comments

Popular Posts