Library Read // Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 by Hajime Isayama

 From the OverDrive description:

TRAITOR ? The last thing Eren remembers before blacking out, a Titan had bitten off his arm and leg and was getting ready to eat him alive. Much to his surprise he wakes up without a scratch on him, with a crowd of angry soldiers screaming for his blood. What strange new power has he awakened, and what will happen when the boy devoted to destroying the Titans becomes one himself? Includes special extras after the story!

I've also been irked by Mikasa. From her obsessive fixation with Eren to her indifference to the struggles of the people around her. Why couldn't she be fixated with Eren and equally dedicated to humanity's struggles in and outside of the walls? Her trauma? I suppose that's an explanation, but either way she radiates strong sociopathic overtones. 

Happily this volume and the following two have become available for borrowing much earlier than I expected. On the one hand it's looking like I'll definitely hit 150 books read by the end of 2020, my arbitrary self-set goal. On the other hand will I enter 2021 with on a cliffhanger? I'm assuming the following volumes will be available to read with the same quickness. It seems like one person is ahead of me on the OverDrive queue but the way the storyline is progressing, how long will it be until I get to the scandalous meat and bones of the story, whatever that ends up being?

Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 continues the story and so far I'm not seeing any wild deviations from what I recall of the show's episodes at this point in the story. Still, it is wild that you get so much story in just three volumes. Would I have been as invested in this story had I read this blind with no foreknowledge? Probably, but that's not my reality. Because my motivation is seeing the truth uncovered the fight heavy chapters and volumes are generally less appealing to me, especially because I do have the foreknowledge. But I am enjoying certain characters more, generally finding more depth to them and their roles in furthering the plot. And I'm still very much enjoying myself. 4 stars from me.

Comments

Popular Posts