Library Read // Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 by Hajime Isayama

From the OverDrive description:

BIRTH OF A MONSTER ? The Colossal Titan has breached humanity's first line of defense, Wall Maria. Mikasa, the 104th Training Corps' ace and Eren's best friend, may be the only one capable of defeating them, but beneath her calm exterior lurks a dark past. When all looks lost, a new Titan appears and begins to slaughter its fellow Titans. Could this new monster be a blessing in disguise, or is the truth something much more sinister? This volume of Attack on Titan includes special extras after the story!

Whoo-hoo! The second volume was available a lot sooner than I thought it'd be. Continuing on with the next volume of Attack on Titan, this volume is maybe few anime episodes condensed? I've recently come to acknowledge that I like all the gritty mechanics and foreshadowed details of well-developed plot, a well-mapped world build. The pacing being a bit faster than what I'm used to from the anime, I'm beginning to see where the story is different. But knowing what I do of the anime I'm able to look out for things well in advance and scrutinize characters and any subtle foreshadowing.

Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 picks up where the first volume left off with the same urgency, flowing seamlessly into the next chapters of the tale. But this volume and the chapters it included didn't do much to move the big story along. Or I could say that's how it felt. Because I know, as would anyone that has seen the anime, that one of the biggest reveals is a major point of the this volume. Yes, the fight scenes and the fight mechanics are some of the best part of AoT, but I'm reading for the story, something I feel the anime probably runs through a bit too fast. This volume gets 4 stars from me.

Comments

Popular Posts