March recap.

The following are the books I finished in March 2020:

  1. Spy x Family, Vol. 1 (Tatsuya Endo)
  2. Cultivated (Christin Geall)
  3. The Lost Book of Adana Moreau (Michael Zapata)
  4. How Birds Behave (Sharon Sorenson)
  5. Knights Temporal, Vol. 1 (Cullen Bunn)
  6. The Big Book of Cidermaking (Christopher Shockey; Kirsten Shockey)
  7. When Pain Is Real and God Seems Silent (Ligon Duncan)
  8. The Kingdom of the Gods (In-Wan Youn)
  9. Complete Guide to Self-Care (Kiki Ely)
  10. Once & Future, Vol. 1 (Kieron Gillen)
  11. Southwest Medicinal Plants (John Slattery)
  12. That Hair (Djaimilia Pereira de Almeida)
  13. Taking Time (Jo Loring-Fisher)
  14. Essential Vegetable Fermentation (Kelly McVicker)
  15. The Secret Lives of Garden Bees (Jean Vernon)
  16. Shrubs and Hedges (Eva Monheim)
  17. Followers (Megan Angelo)
Stay at home measures or imposed semi-quarantines have meant a larger swath of the population is seeing increased times at home. For someone like myself who works primarily from home it seems odd that this change would affect anything I do, but it has. More people are at home longer and more often. That means increased interaction and more talking, tender moments I won't push to the side for reading. The coronavirus pandemic itself is such an interesting and important topic that day-to-day I spend many hours listening or watching reports on the state of the world in the context of COVID-19. Increased hours are spent either working or looking for new income sources as the future of the local and domestic economy is looking tenuous.

According to this list I read 17 books this month. That's ridiculous. That's almost twice my usual monthly average of 9 or 10. I would love to say that's because of the increased fixation in place, but a lot of those reads were carry-overs from previous months that I rushed to finish on time. To a degree I'm dragging my feet reading. Spending more time not reading means increased rush (but always thorough) reads. At the same time reading four graphic novels and one children's fiction book is always a welcome pad.

I'm not sure when I decided by I'd love to be able to finish my 2020 GoodReads reading challenge of 100 books in half the time. To date I've read 44 books. That's about halfway through. 56 books remaining I'd have to average about 19 books a month from here on out to the end of June. A feasible goal, but how realistic? Only time will tell. 

Comments

Popular Posts