Simple and highly effective. [Essential Vegetable Fermentation by Kelly McVicker]

 Essential Vegetable Fermentation has all the practical information you need to make fermentation fun, easy, and incredibly rewarding. 
...Learn to ferment everything from whole vegetables, krauts, and kimchis, to hot sauces, chutneys, relishes, and more. Clear, easy-to-follow instructions and insightful tips practically guarantee fermentation success. And because the recipes draw on flavors from around the world, you’ll always have something new and interesting to try. 
...Master the probiotic process today and enjoy all the vegetables you can ferment!

The last book I read on fermentation was Christopher and Kirsten K. Shockey's The Big Book of Cidermaking. I found that explanations in that book to be more convoluted than I'd hoped for and so I was a quirky surprise when I saw those same authors mentioned in Kelly McVicker's Essential Vegetable Fermentation (EVF). To the contrary, EVF was clear in explaining technique and science. From the onset I felt the lacto-fermentation processes detailed to be easily accessible.

Outside of the fact that I'm not a big vegetable eater and am likely never going to make the majority of these recipes (though I might pickle some alliums), I enjoyed reading more about fermentation and imagining the recipes, either themselves individual fermentation projects or recipes involving a fermented product. I learned a lot and the flow of the book was comfortable and engaging. 5 stars from me.

Essential Vegetable Fermentation was published March 24, 2020.

Comments

Popular Posts