Closing out the year and failing my goal. // December 2021 reading recap

In 2020 I set my reading goal for 2021 at 150 books read over the course of the year. Floundering towards the end of the year and being self-aware, I put it out into the ether that I would carry over the remainder of books I did not read into the next year. In other words, as I read 70 out of a proposed 150 books, I would take the difference, 80 books, and add it to my goal. When I put this goal out there, I apparently said I would it add the remainder to a standing goal of 150 books. That makes no sense. I knew that as I said it initially, that makes no sense. When you do not hit a goal, in practice, in training, you usually step down and start again. Therefore, I will step back my standing goal to 100 books, and aim for 180 books. If that sounds like a lot (self, because I will reference back to this), let's try and imagine the asinine target of 230 books.

In fact, to underscore that point, I only read 2 books last month. A 50% decrease from November.

I also read a sample of a book,  but I'm not counting that. 

Yes, trying to surpass my goal of last year that I didn't meet is a bit ridiculous. Even more when you consider that's about a book every two says. I'm still gonna try anyway. If I make it I can just carry over the difference to 2023.  

Comments

Popular Posts