January 2021 reading recap.

I'm writing this monthly recap post, well, one, to continue as I've been doing for months, but also two, because I saw a comment from one of my old YouTube videos about how I'm "a reading machine." I wasn't sure I should keep up with the videos on my mostly music related YouTube channel for a couple of reasons. For one, they don't get wild views, and then maybe a second book-focused channel would establish itself better in the booktube or online book community niche. But ignoring that my music channel is my biggest audience, apparently my book videos are getting watched, maybe, and not just peeped at. So I remembered this monthly task I've given myself, and here I am, writing this recap.

I started 2021 with maybe no more than 25 books between my continue reading and start reading NetGalley shelves. A good number of those are coming out later this year and there's no giant rush to read them, especially since I still have two books I've been reading for about a year. I'd like to finish those as soon as possible. I set my 2021 GoodReads Reading Challenge (GRC) goal as 150 books. With only 8 books read in the month of January, I'm off to a slow start.

  1. Figuring Out the Past (Peter Turchin; Daniel Hoyer)
  2. A Wolf at the Schoolhouse Door (Jack Schneider; Jennifer Berkshire)
  3. The Awakening (Nora Roberts)
  4. Black Futures (Kimberly Drew; Jenna Wortham)
  5. The African Lookbook (Catherine E. McKinley)
  6. Attack on Titan, Vol. 7 (Hajime Isayama)
  7. Attack on Titan, Vol. 8 (Hajime Isayama)
  8. Take It Back (Kia Abdullah)

But I'm making plans to pick up speed. I've requested a bunch of books. I expect to finish several in the next few weeks; a couple of the books I'm reading are around 200 pages so they should go quick-ish. I think I'll pick my attempt to read through A Series of Unfortunate Events back up so I can finally finish the third season of that fantastic show. Or maybe I should finish the show then read the books? I don't know. I'm in the middle of my Attack on Titan read so I've got like 20 volumes at least to go through. Hopefully I can finish or catch up by the end of this year.

Comments

Popular Posts