Library Read // Attack on Titan, Vol. 7 by Hajime Isayama

TURNING ON THEIR OWN The Survey Corps sets a cunning trap to capture the mysterious Abnormal Titan that broke through their ranks. As Arwin tries to determine the grotesque creature's identity and purpose, scouts report Titans closing in on all sides! But they don't seem to be after the humans - instead they're targeting the Titan!

First manga read of 2021! I woke up today unable to sleep off the fever I went to bed with. Sleep deprived with a headache, I wanted to do so many things today. Sundays are afternoon series binge day with friends. Currently we're in the fifth season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. As I usually do when I wake up, I checked my phone for urgent notifications and news. What a pleasant surprise it was to see my hold for Vol. 7 and 8 of Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan available for loan. In spite of my fever, I knew I was in for a treat.

I don't fully recall why I decided to finally read the AoT manga but it's been a fun ride so far. I'm excited to get to the point where the differences between the show and the books start to emerge. While it's fun, so far I'm recalling major plot points. The fine details of plot aren't necessarily recalled off the top of my dome but I'm not surprised when I come across them. "Oh yeah, I remember that."

Volume 7 continues the story, giving hot exposition and exploring more of the big conspiracy picture. Volume 7 was also chockful of action scenes, some of which, while weren't entirely clear in their mechanics, kept the tension and stakes high. But was it a self-contained magnus opus of storytelling, of plot development? No. 4 stars from me. 

Comments

Popular Posts