2022 was a terrible reading year and that's okay.


The past two years I have failed to meet my GoodReads Reading Challenge. 2022 saw me read only 24 books towards a goal of 60, a goal which has decreased with subsequent years of failure. But that's okay. Reading challenges are arbitrary goal posts. Plus, life happens. Reading styles change, reading tastes change. I must always give myself grace, especially with the year I had. Almost halfway through the year my life was upended. A fire in my apartment building saw the axis of my life as a United Statesian shift dramatically - I now live in the Southeast. 

Moving from the North to the South, in the U.S., has been a change of pace, lifestyle, infrastructure, and among many other lines, and is something I'm still adjusting to. Least of all, with respect to books and reading, has been a change in library system. That's been fun, exploring the area through the libraries. There was, however, a rush to amass books on loan followed by a slowdown of reading as the seasons changed. That's also fine. Anticipating another move in the next 6 months or so, I'm doubling down on my desire to clear my reading queue, physical books and e-galleys, so I have more space for future books.

I'd like to also note that my reading tastes have changed somewhat. Novellas are quick and fun, so I anticipate more of those in my reading future. I wanna say I've mostly grown out of YA, but that's been a while in the making. My sisters and I did launch what was intended to be a sibling booktube YouTube channel, maybe that will see (re)development in 2023? Or will I go back to making book videos on my main YouTube? Will I drop all booktube attempts period? There are some anime I've finished, or that least reached a point where, I'm considered reading the manga. JoJo's anyone? Who can say what the future holds. But anyway, long story short, here are the books I read in 2022:

  1. Phantom on the Scan (Cullen Bunn)
  2. The Girls of Dimension 13 (Graham Nolan)
  3. Sick and Tired (Emily K. Abel)
  4. Proteus Vex (Michael Carroll)
  5. Judge Dredd: Blaze of Glory (Al Ewing)
  6. Attack on Titan, Vol. 34 (Hajime Isayama)
  7. Deadly Editions (Paige Shelton)
  8. The Island House (Amanda Brittany)
  9. The Library of the Dead (T.L. Huchu)
  10. Caraval (Stephanie Garber)
  11. Black Mass Rising (Theo Prasidis)
  12. Armorclads (JJ O'Connor, Brian Buccelato)
  13. Equinox (David Towsey)
  14. Accidental Czar (Andrew S. Weiss)
  15. Dreams Factory (Jerome Hamon, Suheb Zako)
  16. Banned Books (DK)
  17. A Memory Called Empire (Arkady Martine)
  18. All Systems Red (Martha Wells)
  19. Tower of God, Volume One (S.I.U.)
  20. Clockwork Boys (T. Kingfisher)
  21. Superworld (Benjamin Keyworth)
  22. Middlegame (Seanan McGuire)
  23. Black Girl Baking (Jerrelle Guy)
  24. Hide (Kiersten White)

Comments

Popular Posts