February 2021 reading recap: COVID fog?

To be honest, I don't know what happened in February. But as I think back on it the likely explanation was general fatigue and my recovery from my late January bout of COVID-19. I had more severe symptoms during the first days of my infection, fever and chills, and likely some headaches. The longest and most obvious lasting effects have been lack of and diminished smell and taste, but I think I've still dealt with fatigue and what I'm thinking is COVID fog. I've experienced a weird inability to focus as I want to (and that's saying a lot because I know how I procrastinate) and some general fatigue of spirit. So yeah, that's probably why I read so little during the month of February, or at least a strong contributor. I only read 6 books last month, which not only left me with a bunch of books to finish in March but is also not where I need to be if I'm to hit 150 books read by the end of the year. 

To date I've read 14 books in 2021. Recently back on my reading 'ish (thanks to NetGalley deadlines and archive dates), I'm not too worried about March but I do hope to be in the big double digits this months. And that's hilarious because I've yet to finish a book already 10 days into that timeframe. Oh well. Here are the books I finished reading in the month of February 2021:

  1. Attack on Titan, Vol. 9 (Hajime Isayama)
  2. Villainous (Stonie Williams; Jef Sadzinski)
  3. Hello, Habits (Fumio Sasaki)
  4. Attack on Titan, Vol. 10 (Hajime Isayama)
  5. Ozark Folk Magic (Brandon Weston)
  6. [Audiobook] Nightmare House (Douglas Clegg)
I have two books that are long time holdovers from 2020, possibly earlier. 
  • Radiopharmaceuticals in Nuclear Pharmacy and Nuclear Medicine, 4th Edition, Part 1 (edited by Richard J. Kowalsky, Kara D. Weatherman)
  • Global Waste Management: Models for Tackling the International Waste Crisis (Kamila Pope)
I can honestly say they are two of the smartest books I've read. I'd hope to finish them both by the end of the month but that goal is most realistic for Pope. I expect a big last minute push for this month, so let me try to avoid that by getting back to reading now. Let me go enjoy some books. 

Comments

Popular Posts