July recap.

I finished 13 Books in the month of July. While it was wholly possible and a realistic goal to try and finish two more books from the 30th by the 31st, especially since they are small books, the way my schedule works out - that a dub.

In order of oldest blog post, here are the books I finished in the month of July:

1. After the Rain (Nnedi Okafor)
2. Vathek (William Beckford)
3. The Space Between Worlds (Micaiah Johnson)
4. Shadow in the Empire of Light (Jane Routley)
5. The Last Flight (Julie Clark)
6. Mindful Thoughts at Home (Kate Peers)
7. The Dilemma (B.A. Paris)
8. Craft Your Own Happy (Becci Mai Ford)
9. The Story of the Bible in 365 Readings (Ed Strauss)
10. Mutual Aid (Dean Spade)
11. Under Pressure (Robert Pobi)
12. The Hollow Gods (A.J. Vrana)
13. The Heart of a Woman (Rae Linda Brown)

This was an interesting reading month. A lot of close 4 star reads but no 5 star reads. NetGalley just launched the audiobook section. I'm currently listening to Guillermo Del Toro's The Hollow Ones. I've been making so many strides with reading that only listening is a bit weird now. PocketBook reader is suddenly not working so that a small stressor, but reading is a salve in the context of the world right now.

93 books read towards my 100 book reading challenge goal on GoodReads. And so I'm definitely expecting to hit that in August. I also hit the golden 80% ratio on NetGalley. That was immensely satisfying. Hopefully I can knock out a few books in the coming days.

Comments

Popular Posts