May recap.


And so the month of May is over. I thought I'd be able to keep up with the averages I'd been seeing the previous months, somewhere in the teens, but alas, I was only able to finish 8 books. They were:

Foxfire Story (edited by T.J. Smith)
You Are Obsolete (Matthew Klickstein)
The Secret Notebook (D.A. D'Aurelio)
Murder to Music (Margaret Newman)
The Southeast Native Plant Primer (Larry Mellichamp; Paula Gross)
Houseplants for All (Danae Horst)
Monopolized (David Dayen)
It Will Just Be Us (Jo Kaplan)

But while I'm essentially out of the running for finishing my GoodReads reading challenge goal of 100 books in a year, by June, I'm likely to hit 100 books read on NetGalley by the end of the month. Foxfire Story, The Southeast Native Plant Primer, and Monopolized were three solid 5 star reads for me, each books I'm recommending highly. What remains on my NetGalley shelves is an abundance of fiction, and that's cool. I guess it's gonna be a mystery/thriller themed summer.

Comments

Popular Posts