A list of what I'm currently reading, because I'm still making the effort.

Some of these books I started back in the beginning of October and my interest in them is not rapturous, so I'm pushing through very slowly. The majority of those are eBooks. I think it might be an issue of format. Generally, I don't think I read through eBooks as easily or quickly as I do physical prints. Listing them from oldest (download/borrow) to most recent, I'll note which are eBooks. But I've got would-be fires under my ass with some of these books because return dates are a thing,  ACSMs have expiry dates, and NetGalley has already archived many of these.

NetGalley [eBooks]:

  • The Augmented Man (Joseph Carrabis) 
      • [27%] A military sci-fi thriller about constructed supersoldiers
  • River Run (J.S. James) 
      • [43%] Police crime thriller set in the Oregon
  • The Cult of Eden (Bill Halpin) 
      • [23%] Catholicism meets religious cult?
  • The Flower Arranger (J.J. Ellis) 
      • [25%] Crime thriller set in Japan 
  • The Princess Beard (Delilah S. Dawson, Kevin, Hearne) 
      • [23%] Satirical fantasy about young adult pirates
  • Rotterweird (Andrew Caldecott) 
      • [20%] English fantasy about secretive town
  • Whole Farm Management (Garry Stephenson) 
      • [5%] How to farm successfully, for beginners 
  • #The Righteous One (Neil Perry Gordon)


Library Books [physical copies]:

  • Doctor Sleep (Stephen King) 
      • [25%] Sequel to the Shining. Troubled child who grows into troubled alcoholic
  • #A Discovery of Witches (Deborah Harkness)
  • #York: The Clockwork Ghost
  • #The Institute (Stephen King)


Library Loans [eBooks]:

  • #The Mark of Athena (Rick Riordan)
# not yet started; [percent completion]


At the moment, there's one more book on my NetGalley that I expect to download. It's set to archive at the end of the month, so once my reading load lightens I'll download it to start it at a later date. My goal is to finish all the NetGalley reads that were or are set to be published this year, before this year is over. The Mark of Athena is the next book I've to read in the Percy Jackson expanded universe, and in the Heroes of Olympus series, so depending on how my interest is after I read it I might pick up the sequel later this month. But I also have issues with the series that seem to expand with every read, so who knows?

I'm going to in earnest (at least in my heart) try to read some pages of a majority (possibly, but doubtful, of each) of these books. For your watching pleasure, here's a video summary of my October reads:


Comments

Popular Posts