I'm being realistic now. General update.

Last year was a big fail in terms of reading challenge goals. While it's fun to challenge yourself with an arbitrary quantity of books, life happens, one, and, two, that's not what reading's about. At least not for me. At least not this year. 

So I've made a very adult and mature decision - I changed my goalpost. At this point in the year I had actually forgotten what my goal number of books was but I ready to halve it nonetheless. When I went to GoodReads and saw that it was 180, 90 was sounding ridiculous. Instead, I went to a third of my original goal, 60 books. Maybe 45 is more reasonable. And maybe I will change it to that accordingly. What I won't do is change my goal just so I hit it. 

My reading has been slow this year, but I know a groove is coming. I have hope and I know I can hit this more attainable goal. In fact, if I so desired, I really could have hit the 180. But in a year that I've been through a house fire and moved across more than three states, I don't need the added pressure. So yeah, I'm responsible and realistic now.


Comments

Popular Posts