Audacious start. // January 2022 reading recap

I set the ridiculous, albeit wholly attainable goal of reading 180 books in the year. Translating to about a book finished every 2 days, I am currently failing spectacularly. I managed to finish just 5 books in the month of January. February's currently very much lagging behind that, but the month's not over, so that's a different story. I have thought about possibly readjusting my goal at some midpoint of the year to be more realistic, maybe keeping 180 as an unspoken personal goal. Still, I might decide to read through some manga whose respective animes I've already finished. But graphic novels are also a thing. Speaking of which, four of the five titles I finished last month were graphic novels. So, you can imagine how those my play into the whole scheme of my idealized 2022 reading year.

Here are the five titles:


Quality wise, we finished really strong with several 5 star reads, all of them memorable. The most impactful read goes to Emily K. Abel's Sick and Tired, me giving it my 'should be required reading stamp' of approval. Looking to the rest of 2022, I already know I'm going to be even more selective with what I'm reading, for time and taste reasons. But I think I'm gonna read well this year.

Comments

Popular Posts