Another crossover event! | Holiday 2021 / The Princess Switch 3: Romancing the Star

When a priceless Christmas relic is stolen, royal look-alikes Margaret and Stacy turn to audacious doppelgänger Fiona -- and her dashing ex -- for help.

I really am going to draft my own version of the Netflix Holiday Movie Universe, because with two crossover events this year alone and a handful of movies I didn't watch last year that may be in the mix, I'm sure the chart I keep using is wildly outdated. Sure, I could search the interwebs for other people's charts, but where's the fun in that. Presumably the last leg on the holiday reunion tour of the pandemy movie watch group, yesterday we watched the third of the Princess Switch films, The Princess Switch 3: Romancing the Star

It was insanely cheesy and the plot ridiculous convoluted and fast-moving, but also the perfect third movie in the series. Comparing it to the A Christmas Prince movies, the tone was lighter, riddled with hijinkery. I laughed more than I expected and appreciated all the callbacks and added worldbuilding. That creepy old man from the first movie, Simon crossing over and officially linking the movies. Making Stacy canonically of Filipino descent. There were a lot of cute details that added that bit of nonsensical fun in this holiday heist movie. 'Twas a fun romp indeed. Now I'm off to binge the rest of the NHMU I haven't watched and map out those new connections!

Comments

Popular Posts