Ça suffit! // October 2021 reading recap.

I feel like I read more than I did. What's new? I finished 6 books in the month of October. I almost finished a seventh, but I had other things to do. Generally, in life, I have a lot of things on the agenda. Again, what's new? That said, my priority is stress minimization. I'm epileptic. With my special brand of neuronal farts, sleep (or lack thereof) is the most obvious trigger of my grand mals. But most generally it's stress (i.e., sleep deprivation being a physical form of stress.). So me not reading as much as I'd like in the timeframe I'd imagined? Ça suffit! I'm generally saying that for a lot of aspects and themes in my life and coming to terms with enjoying life for what it is and how I can affect it at present. Anyway, rant over, following are said six books:

  1. Graveneye (Sloane Leong)
  2. The Citadel of Whispers (Kazim Ali)
  3. African Europeans (Olivette Otele)
  4. Syphon (Mohsen Ashraf; Patrick Meaney; Jeff Edwards)
  5. Red Island House (Andrea Lee) 
  6. Brood X (Joshua Dysart)

With 64 books read in 10 months, I'm "61 books behind schedule." Currently reading 23 books, I might just end up reading a lot of manga and graphic novels in the next two months, we'll see. It's not over 'til it's over. I might also post so more non-book related things on here, like more Christmas movie summaries, but we'll see.  Unfortunately my library is no longer partnered with Hoopla, so that's an avenue closed to me, but I did also just join Edelweiss, so maybe in fact more books are open to me? We'll see. It's 2021, anything goes.

Comments

Popular Posts