Library Read // Attack on Titan, Vol. 31 by Hajime Isayama

It's been probably at least a week since I read anything AoT related. I still have volume 30 loaned out, so I gave the ending a lookover to refresh my memory. I gotta say, the way Zeke demands Ymir follow his order, his scream that he is "descended from royal blood," just a perfect compare and contrast with her rapist king husband and all the terribleness he stood for and embodies. And I don't think it really hit me when I read the last volume, but Eren is trying end the world? No, we gotta be doing memory inception, right? Anyway, here we go.

Volume 31

After breaking through a stronghold of old friends and enemies, Zeke hands down his plan for the Eldians to Eren. But what Eren was plotting with his rumbling powers leaves his brother in the dust, betrayed and alone once more. Now, with some help from Ymir, a parade of massive Titans are roused from their centuries-long slumber, breaking free of the Walls to answer their founder's call. Where the march leads, only Eren knows...

  • I don't think suddenly being like, "I like like you Eren" was gonna stop your boy's murderous rages Mikasa.
  • Apparently throwing some box stops mega genocide? I think not. Incel Eren.
  • Big boy genocide. Mass scale genocide. The likes of which have never been seen genocide is his goal? Apparently?
  • So he's gonna kill the Ymir descendants who are outside of Paradis?
  • Or is he "announcing" this across the world to start big boy world ending war?
  • Juxtaposing Gabi and Sasha like this is supposed to feel poetic, I get that, it does, but it also just feels wrong.
  • There are a lot of hopeful messages about persevering and all that jazz in this story of carnage, genocide, and persecution.
  • Commander Pixis! Noo!
  • Where are Levi and Hange right now? Because, again, I know Levi isn't dead. Not only my gut but the beginning character roster that doesn't have him dead yet. So there.
  • "Rest in peace."😥😢😭😭😭
  • I don't know who that is in the last triangle panel of this page where they're laying Pyxis to rest.
  • I'm trying to remember Annie's power and I can't. So Annie's the lynchpin?! That makes sense, why they've been including her in the character lists. She's been sitting there and she's gonna save the day? Kill Eren? Or talk him down? Both maybe?
  • Do all the Eldians around the world just rise up and take their freedom?
  • So Yeagerism = imperialism?
  • I hate Floch. How do you turn around and enforce the same oppression you've been dealing with on others?
  • #Alive.
  • Of course Levi has a ripped back.
  • This storyline for Connie is whacked.
  • This hanger-on Mikasa's got is so annoying. Her name wasn't even that important apparently, seeing as I don't remember it and they barely address her with it. But yeah, the other side of war propaganda is blind fools.
  • So the Eldian empire was persecuted for a century, and these loyalists seem to know that their empire was much, much older than a century inflicting the worst damage on the world. But they still think it equates out? I guess recent pain, trauma, and isolation will do that to you.
  • Is Jean really joining? Or infiltrating? I expect a majority of them will have to. Just like Shadis advised his group of trainees to. To join to survive.
  • Not Onyankopon! I don't care for Yelena, but not the Black man!
  • Is this where Hange and friends come in to save the day? Must be.
  • Did it really eat Jean?
  • It's all a ruse. Because fck Floch.
  • Ruse for the win!

I know the last volume, I believe volume 33 is the last, just came out. It's not yet in the library catalog, and who knows when it will be, so I'll probably have to do a trial to read it or something. But I like where the story is going. A lot of threads came together in this volume and I assume 32 is gonna be a wild ride. While volume 31 was really solid, maybe parts were a bit rushed? I really enjoyed it and maybe the read was like a 4.5 stars but because I can't say it's a 5 star read it still only 4 stars from me.

Comments

Popular Posts