Library Read // Attack on Titan; Volumes 19 - 20 by Hajime Isayama

So while I started getting ready to read the next volume, volume 19, the volume that became available without hours of my "binge" happily ending (not only because binging is a lot, but because I have other books to read) right before March 14th, I'm not actually starting this read until the 15th. Which is great because starting a new binge on the next day feels kinda ridiculous?

Volume 19 

CAGE MATCH The Survey Corps is engaged in a desperate, final battle to retake Wall Maria and defeat the Titans once and for all. Eren must use his new powers to seal the holes created five years ago in the Shiganshina District gates, not to mention to finally reach the basement of his old home and find what secrets lie hidden there. But the most difficult part of the operation will be surviving whatever clever traps the Colossus Titan, Armored Titan, and Beast Titan have prepared for them! Now that Erwin is gambling with every last human life, who will triumph?

The action was great, I’m starting to root for the Titans and I just wanna move in to the next one. What more can I say? Levi’s generally been funnier in the manga, and I’m just expecting whatever big reveal lies ahead to knock my socks off. I've heard from my sister that the big thing of AoT is that humanity is in the wrong, but maybe we're supposed to root for them anyway? That humanity did something wildly egregious and that the titans are justified. While the anime gave light impressions of this (from where I left off, at the end of season three), I know reading it's going to be another experience. So I'm quite excited. 5 stars for this volume.


Volume 20 

FACING ANNIHILATION The Survey Corps's quest for the truth of the world inside the Walls has brought them back to Titan-infested Shiganshina District, a mere stone's throw from Eren's childhood home. They have come to execute Erwin's final gambit, reclaiming Wall Maria and the secrets of humanity's past. But the Colossus Titan, the Armored Titan, and the Beast Titan have been waiting for them, and saving humanity will require the most difficult sacrifice the Corps has ever had to make...

Again, another nail-biting finish. I’ve got the next volume on hold. And it seems that either my memory of the events in this volume is different, or that I’ve just forgotten or didn't get, all this detail in the anime. If I did it didn’t leave as strong of an impression as I would’ve expected it to, but no matter, it was an explosive read. 5 stars, again. The titan-humans' disgust with the wall-humans is palpable and I'm eager to find out the rational behind it. I'm quite ready for my hold to come through.

Comments

Popular Posts