Bitcoin love. [Candy Hearts by Tommy Siegel]

A devastatingly funny view of how romantic couples are not on the same page

Tommy Siegel's single-panel "candy hearts" cartoons are sharp-edged yet lighthearted observations of human romantic relationships. Each one brilliantly depicts the many ways in which lovers deceive each other and hide their true feelings from the world. In Tommy Siegel's capable hands, this simple premise is incredibly relatable and very, very funny.

A short collection of cartoons, there's not much to say about Tommy Siegel's Candy Hearts. Except for the fact that I was belly roll laughing from the onset. I went and shared one of the joke with my mother. The attempt at collective humor wasn't successful (I had to explain what Bitcoin was), so I guess the brand of humor is not universal across ages, but my millennial self was erupting with raucous laughter.

The use of faceless candy hearts to convey the problems of modern romance was inspired and the scenarios super relatable. The unexpected Batman joke aside, this book was a home run. Definitely recommending. 5 stars from me.

Candy Hearts is due for publication February 02, 2021.

Comments

Popular Posts