#NetGalleyLibrary Readathon.

I do believe I saw the hashtag the weekend before it was slated to begin, literally either the day before or the day before that. The #NetGalleyLibrary readathon is a week-long push for participants to clear our NetGalley eBook shelves. I had two books I wanted to finish by today, one of which I finished (The Undocumented Americans by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio) and the other of which I'm aiming to finish today (Rethinking Readiness). I'm not counting either book in my TBR for this readathon because I'd hoped to finish them two days ago.


On paper my goal might be to finish my books with April 2020 (or before) publication dates. Those would be 10 books to finish, but three of those ten have publication dates after the end of this readathon. Ideally I'd like to finish all my book with April 2020 (or before) archive dates. Currently those would be five books to finish this week. To date those five are:
  1. Silent Pantheon by Eric Nierstedt (March 2020)
  2. Treasure of the Blue Whale 
  3. Earth Almanac by Ted Williams 
  4. The Address Book by Deirdre Mask 
  5. Global Waste Management by Kamila Pope 

As far interest levels, current respective progress, and expected file expiration dates, I think I definitely set my sights on at least three. I expect I might finish at least five this week, but I'm not sure it'll be these five.

Let's say I do finish these five. Let's say I finish or make significant headway in the 10 books published in (or before) April 2020. I have one book with an archive date in May and a second one with a publication date in May, The Hollow Gods by A.J. Vrana and Northeast Medicinal Plants by Liz Neves respectively. All in all, archive date takes priority over publication dates. In total there are a possible 12 books I have to attack this week. Completion of books this week would be great but I will also settle for headway in page count.

Knowing me I might finish three and then download some read nows or request some quick children's fiction and graphic novels. We'll see what I end up doing. As always I'll be tweeting updates on my twitter, @QueenofBasPays. Tag along and we'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts