Back to the (e-)stacks.

Keeping in with my theme of working efficiently and realistically to manage my load and stress levels, I've made, once again, the very adult decision to return a library book. This time I'm returning The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub. I've returned the status of the book to Want to Read from Currently Reading. Being honest with myself, being that the eBook was almost 700 pages it was so ridiculously unlikely I would finish that book before the year, let alone in less than two weeks.

I already have one book still out and overdue, A Discovery of Witches, but thankfully it's a paperbook so it's only a 10 cent a day fine. Considering the hardcover fine is 25 cents that's satisfactory cost to tardiness, a reasonable price for a little less stress, and at the end of the day it's contribution to a local community resource. Practically that's 10 days overdue versus 4 days overdue. Still I want to finish that book and the other library loan, Codex by Lev Grossman, as soon as possible.

With two physical copies, all I have left to read, currently, are eight NetGalley eBook reads. Still on track to match my monthly reading amount from November (not that that's a goal this month), depending on how fast I go through the NetGalley reads I might still read more books. It won't be borrows from the library, but just more downloads from NetGalley. Speaking of, as I struggle to fix my eyes on the screen of my laptop I think about how excited I am for the possibility of audiobook downloads from the site. So a big goal is still to read as many of my NetGalley books as soon as possible to get my metrics up, all so that I can get at those audiobooks.

Comments

Popular Posts