10% First Impressions: The Righteous One by Neil Perry Gordon

You know that feeling when you select a book and then forget about it, but then you start reading it and it's like, this is a good book? That's the feeling I got reading the first 10% of The Righteous One by Neil Perry Gordon. Published in August of this year, The Righteous One sets up a supernatural conflict between "good" and "evil" Kabbalistic forces. I can't help but to compare this book to another I'm currently reading, The Cult of Eden. The latter is also a supernatural conflict, but instead of Jewish supernatural forces, it's Catholic. Between the two, The Righteous One is clearly the better paced and the better written. I'm also not losing interest as I read, which can only be highly important as a reader, potential or actual.

I don't know where the setting will take us time wise. By context clues in the book, at least in the first 10% (36 pages, based off the 362 page eBook count, from the start of the story meant I read the first six chapters), we might be in the 1960s. Maybe a little later. I don't know if that will change, but surprisingly it's not putting me off the story; the historical fiction aspect of it doesn't detract from my interest in the story. At this point in the story would I recommend this book? Yes, I think I would.

Comments

Popular Posts