10% First Impressions: The Dead Girls Club by Damien Angelica Walters

A mystery thriller involving a group of girls and the secret truth about the reality surrounding an old traumatic event. Plot sound familiar? Well so far Walters' The Dead Girls Club is nothing like Riley Sager's Final Girls. This time I was hooked early.

At 242 pages the eBook is short, and from the first page 10% takes me to the end of the second chapter. It looks to be that chapter will alternate perspectives between the present day and the past. And that makes a whole lot of sense since the story takes off when a reminder from the past sends our protagonist, Heather Cole, frantically trying to maintain not only her wits but the normalcy of her everyday life.

The eBook reads easy and the writing style is detailed but not heavily paced. As I mentioned it's a short book but what remains to be seen is the consistency of the pacing and the logic of the story. I'm looking forward to finishing and I don't imagine it'll take me long to finish. Also, the cover's pretty.


The Dead Girls Club is set for publication December 10th, 2019.

Comments

Popular Posts