I am a book thot.

I love fall, it's my favorite holiday. Today has been a near perfect fall day. Where I am we're seeing highs of 65, lows of 55. The winds probably didn't exceed 9 mph. It drizzled a bit and it was threatening to pick up heavily. Save for the lack of fallen, crunchy leaves, it's been a great day.

I went to the doctor today. The podiatrist, a follow-up. There was a library 0.4 miles away. I didn't have to and I rationalized not going, but in the end I did. In fact I didn't rationalize anything, I went over the facts. I had five hardcover books at home waiting for me, three eBooks downloaded, and at least 10 more waiting to be downloaded and read. I didn't need more books. But I wanted to get to know a new location. I wanted to see the insides and to familiarize myself with a new layout, to mentally memorize the blueprints. She was beautiful. Two stories, exposed brown brick. Brown hues throughout. I think I love her, this new library.

As soon as I'd given up and decided to go to the new library I had one book in mind, Doctor Sleep. So I read the signs and headed to the beautiful, spacious second floor where fiction was located. At the top of the stairs was a bookcase with a surprise, one that excited me immensely. Staring me in the face was a paperback copy of A Discovery of Witches. I'm sure I started quietly whooping because I was quite happy. This new library has a strong selection of paperbacks and I'm excited for our future interactions.

What made me happy immediately after was finding a copy of the book I had in mind, and a paperback no less. And so I headed back downstairs intent on checking out the books I found. However, I made a quick detour and found a large manga and graphic novel selection. Add to that copies of newer movies (not that I'm able to borrow them because it's not my home library) available for loan. This library all around screams community resource, center, and hub and I love it for that.

Forgetting that I was a book thot must have happened in college. How I forgot that my angsty teen self walked to the local library to decompress, or that my impatient young adult self traveled across boroughs to sit among shelves, is beyond me. Indeed, the book thot is strong. I could not control her today, but she has brought me joy. Serendipitious library finds often do.

Comments

Popular Posts